Saturday, October 22, 2011

Episode 27: Season 2 Finale Part 1

Previously, on "The Real World, Sunset Valley":


-Brooke got ready for her date with Matt.
-Jason was speechless when he saw her.
-Matt arrived 20 minutes late at the bistro.
-Brooke found out that he's a first year resident.
-He's going to be a neurosurgeon.


*This episode is dedicated to Geekkate*




Photobucket


Gone is the buzzing of conversations between people and utensils hitting against plates.  The tables are empty, creating a stillness in the night as they stand in front of each other, holding hands, gazing into each other's eyes.  The languid sound of French music is replaced by the eternal splashing of water a few feet away.  A strong breeze blows through the trees, ruffling flowers in the garden, pushing through the smooth fabric of Brooke's dress.  A hum of cars passing by temporarily interrupt the silence of the evening, and their undeniable anticipation of what's going to happen next.  It is 10 p.m.  It's early enough to hang around the restaurant just a little bit longer, yet late enough to decide if they want to stay or go somewhere else.


"Do you want to sit down by the garden for a bit?" He asks, squeezing her hands.


"Sure, we can do that." She mutters under her breath.  Fingers still tangled, they walk over to the bench behind the fountain.  A colorful array of blue freesias, orange marigolds, red wild roses and lavender glow under the moonlight, illiciting a dream-like state.  Even though the house is right next door, she feels like she is miles away, cocooned inside green hedges.  It's just her and Matt at this very moment.  As she watches the bus boy clean the tables, she knows that this place will be empty soon.  Will they stargaze again?  Will they be kissing on the bench under the pomegranate tree?


Photobucket


"It's really nice tonight."  She makes an attempt to ease her nervousness with words.


"Yes it is."  He nods, sneaking a peak at her pillow-like lips.


"So...." She stammers, trying to hide the fact that she wants to taste his lips again.


He lets out a soft laugh before he looks away.


Photobucket


Unable to contain himself any longer, he places his hands on her waist and pulls her close.  She can feel his heart beating next to hers, moving faster as she inches closer towards him until there's no space left between their bodies.  His hands travel up and down her back, feeling warm against her bare skin.


Photobucket


His energy feels different from Jason's.  It's like a slow, yet steady burn of a warm fire.  It's cozy, warm, nourishing and secure.  She can see herself becoming his girlfriend, then his wife, then eventually...the mother of his children.  All three of them.  She can see the large house in the suburbs with a 2-car garage, large backyard, and a pool.  Since they're both going to be doctors, the nanny will take care of the kids until they get home from the hospital.  Exotic locations fill their summer plans as the whole family spends quality time together.  In the winter, they take off to a ski resort, letting the kids play in the snow while they sip hot chocolate by the crackling fire.


Jason, on the other hand, feels like hot lava surrounding her.  It's hot, it's dangerous, it will eventually burn her if she gets too close.  While most women run in the opposite direction after they've been charred, she faces it head-on instead...and tries to get to know it. Understand it even. Why would you she try to get to know liquid rock and metal? It will destroy her.  Yet somehow, she is drawn to him like a moth to a flame.


Photobucket


She tries to imagine what her future with Jason would look like.  Of course there will be steamy days and nights of passion.  It wouldn't be uncommon for them to stay in bed for days.  One look, one touch, one whisper is all it will take.  After they make love, they will talk.  After they talk, they will make love again.  She will be head-over-hells in love with this man, and eventually she will want to settle down with him.  But will she be able to hold his interest? Is the sexual tension between them fueled by their inability to be together or is he simply intruiged by the chase?  Once he captures her, what's next?  Will she be the one or will he move on to greener pastures?  Will she be the next Hannah?


Photobucket


Her thoughts are interrupted by Matt's arms around her waist again.  Startled, she lets out a soft gasp at the warmth of his hands on the bare skin of her back.


Photobucket


His pale green eyes are serious now, burning into hers.  She feels a tightness in her chest at the sound of his breathing.  Normally, he would have something to say by this point.  Sometimes as a way to ease the tension. Not this time.  His face paints a picture of a man who hasn't seen the object of his affection in a while, a man who has dreamed for this moment to come.  Even though it's been less than a week since they last saw each other, his awareness of her absence feels like months.


Photobucket


Her heart races as he leans closer. His spicy scent makes her lips tingle in excitement of what's about to happen.  Here they are again, only inches from each other.  Just a few days ago, her body trembled at the touch of Jason's lips.  Sometimes she can still taste it, and it makes her shiver at the thought.  Now it's Matt's warm breath on her mouth.


Photobucket


His mouth hungrily devours hers, making her feel helpless and vulnerable.  She tries to gain her composure by holding on to him tightly.  His lips feel hot....tender...sliding against hers between raspy breaths.  Eyes closed, she relishes the feel of his tongue brushing against hers, creating a wet, slippery sensation that leaves her breathless and wanting more.  Yet there's something different about his tongue.  It's a bit more assertive than Jason's, and not quite as long.  But it still feels nice.


Jason. 


Photobucket


Even though it's Matt's lips she's kissing, it's Jason's tongue that crosses her mind.  The tongue that seems to knock at her mouth, asking if it's okay to come in.  Like a polite guest, it looks around but doesn't touch anything until it's invited to do so.  But once it's in, it teases, flirts with and strokes the inside of her mouth with just the right...touch.  It's as if he knows exactly what to do and where to go.  Why am I comparing him to Jason?? Stop it!  She wasn't like this the first time she kissed Matt.  She was so turned on that she started having thoughts of  "having him" right there and then on the beach.

What changed?


Photobucket


"Mmmm...I've been dying to kiss you all night." He whispers.


"Really? Me too..." She sighs.


Photobucket


Pushing Jason out of her mind, she focuses on the man in front of her, looking deep into her eyes.  She can feel the emotions emanating from them, the desire, the longing and the feelings that are growing from within.  Happiness is within her grasp, with a future that most women can only dream of.  


Photobucket


"Wow.... ."  He's at a loss for words.


"Haha...I know."


"I can kiss you all day." His eyes covet her lips again.


"Oh, Matt.  You're gonna make me blush."


"You say that like it's a bad thing." He grins.


Photobucket


"What do you want to do now?" She tries to hide the crimson coming out of her cheeks.


"It's up to you.  I don't want this night to be over yet."


"Me neither.  But I don't think we can stay here though." She reasons.


But where would they go?  They can't go back to the house since Jason is there.  That would be awkward.


Photobucket


"We can always go back to my place.  But only if you feel comfortable." He offers.


Oh my God.  His place.  Just the two of us with the rest of the the night to ourselves.


She can already envision him on top of her, making out on the couch, in the dim living room.  They will have plenty of privacy. The thought sends her head spinning.


Photobucket


"Let's go." She whispers.


Photobucket


"I'm going to get my car.  I'll be right back."  He assures her.


"Okay."


Photobucket


Seeing Matt pull up in his black La Matea makes her even more nervous.


I can't believe I'm really going through with this.


Photobucket


"Nice car."


"Thanks.  I bought it for myself when I got accepted into residency."


"Haha.  I'd probably do the same thing too."


Photobucket


"Brooke, are you sure you want to do this?  I can always take you home right now."


It's really nice of him to consider her feelings.  But she's already made up her mind.  There's no turning back now.


"Yeah, I'm okay.  I'd like to see what your place looks like."


Lies.  This is not an open house.  We both know why we're going there.


Photobucket


To help ease his nerves, he turns the radio on.


"I see us in the park
Strolling the summer days 

Of imaginings in my head
And words from our hearts
Told only to the wind

Felt even without being said
I don't want to bore y
ou with my trouble 

But there's something about your love
That makes me weak 

And knocks me off my feet"


Photobucket


Photobucket


"We lay beneath the stars
Under a lover's tree 

That's seen through the eyes of my mind
I reach out for the part
Of me that lives in you 

That only our two hearts can find
But I don't want to bore you with my trouble
But there's something about your love
That makes me weak and
Knocks me off my feet"



-----------------------------------------------


"Knocks Me Off My Feet" by Stevie Wonder


6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! A post dedicated to me! And it's the rest of their date!! :D :D Thanks so much Lyn, I'm honored!

    Another great post, especially since we can finally see what battle Brooke is going through between Jason and Matt. Matt would be "good" for her, but if the passion is missing... then is that really "good" for her?

    And yes, she and Jason have the passion, but can he provide the life that she deserves? And can he actually settle with her? Or would she end up another Hannah... having Jason running off to chase more tail after he finally beds her?

    I can't wait to see where their dates goes, and to see how to wrap up everything else for the season finale!

    ♥ and harp strings,
    Kate

    P.S. Thanks again for dedicating it to me, I am SO beyond thrilled!!!

    P.P.S. WHOOPS! I posted with my google account on accident instead of my wordpress one (so it links back to my blog). Can you delete the remnants of my old post purdy purdy please? Thankies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Kate, you deserved it!! Anyone that can read 26 chapters that fast and still have fun deserves a dedication in my book. XD Plus your enthusiasm for this story is just contagious. I love it!!

    I think Brooke and Matt still have good chemistry. The problem is she met Jason, and they have really intense chemistry. I think if she had only met Matt, they would have been fine. But who knows? Maybe the real, healthy kind of love is with Matt (there's supposed to be no drama) and Jason's is the unhealthy but exciting type (because of the drama).

    We'll find out in Season 3 where this goes. I will be working on Season 2 Finale Part 2 tomorrow, that way I'm all done with the season and I can spend a little more time on the other story because I start Season 3.

    Haha you're funny. No worries, I deleted your old comment for you. You did the same thing that Rainwife did when I dedicated Episode 26 to her. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. *lol* Kate and I seem to be a little too similar! *lol*

    Love, Love, LOVE it! Can't wait to see what happens with part 2! Hard to believe we are at the end of Season two already though. Holy crow, time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rainwife! Haha yeah I was cracking up when I saw the deleted comment. I was like, "Didn't Rainwife just do this?" XD

    YAY, so glad you loved it! I will be working on Part 2 tonight even if I have to stay up late. Season 2 must be wrapped up this weekend. I know, I can't believe we're going into Season 3 either. Gosh, it's crazy. And there's still so much to cover!

    I hope to see your update soon! You must be having a blast with Pets. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. *lol* I am. I keep looking at the blog, and just shrugging it off so I can go play with puppies and kittens *lol* Hoping I'll get the new one out tonight though...must move this along!

    I don't know how you find the energy for 2 stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha...well, writing stories has been my obsession lately. It's my outlet from work. So I've actually stopped watching t.v. That frees up time for writing. XD

    Also cutting the updates to 30 pics is more manageable and don't take as long to finish. Feels less like a chore.

    I don't blame you. Who can resist puppies and kittens? XD

    ReplyDelete

So what did you think of this update? I'd love to hear your feedback, good or bad. I can handle it ;-) This will also help me get to know my readers, as well as decide who to dedicate the next episode to. You don't have to be a member, you can post anonymously or with Open I.D. And don't worry about writing too much, I love reading long comments XD