Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Episode 5: Dim Sum


Previously, on "The Real World, Sunset Valley":
Episode 4 (Now We're Even)

-Hannah has no interest in hooking up with Brooke.
-Jason's confrontation with Hannah brought out a hidden side.
-Jason and Hannah made plans to go to P.U.R.E.
-Brooke cancelled the bet.
-Thor scared the crap out of Brooke.





Later that night, Brooke and Jason are the only ones in the living room, so they play a video game. They are still nursing their egos from the cancelled bet (which Jason already won since Thor backed out). All Brooke had to do was tell him, but for some reason she withheld that information. So he forgot to compliment her on her new hair color, but that boy was too preoccupied with keeping his hands to himself! Why wasn't he more aggressive in asking her out? There has to be a way a way for them to recover from this.

Pak couldn't sleep, so he decides to join them. What's with the long face, Pak?



Even though they appear to be having a blast, you can cut the tension with a knife. Silence has never been so loud. Aside from the arbitrary trash talking, Brooke remains guarded. Jason senses this, so he tries to strike up a conversation.

Jason: Yeah, so I think marriage is overrated.

Really?? You're going to break the awkward silence with that? That's not what a hopeless romantic wants to hear. Ever.



Brooke: ........

Fail.

Jason: I mean, I just don't know if I can be stuck with the same person for the rest of my life. It's the same person over and over. Everyday. That's like eating dim sum for the rest your life. Don't get me wrong, it's my favorite food in the whole word. But if I ate it everyday, I'd get sick of it too.

Brooke: Your favorite food is dim sum?

Jason: Yeah. Everybody says pizza or burgers but I guess I'm different. Why?

Brooke: Oh...nothing.

Jason: You probably hate it huh? What's yours? Spaghetti?

Brooke: No..not at all. You're the only other person that I've met that likes dim sum too. It's actually my favorite. My grandma from my Mom's side is Chinese so she made it all the time.

This statement makes Jason look away from the t.v. screen to find her eyes. He swore he wasn't going to stare, but he holdshis gaze just a little longer as he tries to catch his breath. The butterflies return, and this time they feelas if they are circling around him.

Jason: You're kidding me right? My Dad was stationed in China when I was younger so I lived there when I was five. That was first time I tried shrimp shumai from a street vendor. I was hooked. I used to beg my Dad to take me all the time.

Pak is amazed to hear this. Not only is Brooke part Asian, but Jason also lived in China before. What are the odds of that? Now he doesn't feel so out of place.

Pak: Dude, nothing about you says Chinese or shumai.

Jason: I'll shumai ass right now----

Brooke: Hey. Be nice. Hahaa! He's so bad.

Jason: Sorry.

Pak: Have you guys ever had Thai food?

Brooke: I love it! My favorite is the chicken pad thai.

Jason: Me too! I also like the hot and sour coconut shrimp soup.

Pak: Maybe we can all go out for dinner one of these days.

Jason: Yeah, that sounds great.

Brooke: That would be awesome!



Jason: I'll probably have to run another 2 miles just to burn off all that food.



Jason: Remind me to bring some cash.

Brooke: Bring some cash.

Jason: No! I mean when we go.

Brooke: I just did. *grin*



Brooke: I can't believe I called Thor a monster.



Jason: Whoa!! Exactly how bad was your argument?

Brooke: Well, he tried to get me involved in this diamond scam on Ebay. He says that people wire thousands of dollars to buy diamonds all the time and some sellers disappear. They take off with the money never to be heard from again.



Jason: Do they ever get arrested?

Brooke. Well..only the ones that get caught. Thor says that as long as you falsify information and give a fake SSN you can't be traced. And usually there's nothing they can do with wire transfers.

Jason: Dang. Thor knows a lot of stuff.

Brooke: I know. He also thinks that the only reason why prisons are full is because these "morons" get caught. It's only wrong when you get caught.

Jason: Huh! That's an interesting way of looking at it.



Jason: And you called him a monster over that?



Brooke: Yes. I asked him if he even had a conscience.

Jason: Ouch.




Brooke: Then he got pissed and called me a snotty prom queen.




Jason: Ouch!

Brooke: So that's when he backed out of the bet. Oh crap...



Jason: What??

Brooke: Never mind. So yeah, that's why I called him a monster.

Jason: .......



Brooke: So what other foods do you like?



Jason: Umm..all kinds. Why didn't she tell me about this? I just asked her about it earlier.



The SimGods must have mercy on Brooke tonight because Hannah happens to walk in. Awkward? Yes. But not as awkward as that slip-up with Jason.



Hannah: Jason and I are going out this weekend.

Does this girl ever wear any clothes?

Jason: Crap. 

Brooke: ........



Hannah: What's that club called again Jason? Toxic?

Jason: No, it's called P.U.R.E. Why? Why couldn't you stay in bed??



Brooke: I don't believe this. He made plans with Hannah and he was still trying to go out on a date with me?? After all the stuff that he said about her being a stalker?

She's  livid. I'm so glad I called off that bet. I would have looked like a complete idiot.

Brooke: I'm going to bed. I hope you guys have fun.

Pak: Man, I wish I had Jason's game.



Hannah: Were you being sarcastic?

Brooke: No. I don't really care.

Jason: I'm hitting the sack too. She's never going to speak to me again.



Hannah: What's her problem?



She's not going to let that bother her now. She has big plans with Jason this weekend!

I just hope she doesn't get her heart broken.

"Sleeping to dream about you
and I'm so damn tired.
Of having to live without you
But I, I don't mind."




----------------------------------

"Sleeping To Dream" by Jason Mraz




Next: Episode 6 (Hot Date) 

2 comments:

  1. Hello! The Jemston Legacy brought me here. I've been reading your legacy today and I just wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying it immensely. I noticed you are a fan of Jersey Shore. Brooke kind of reminds me of Sammi in some pics. I will try to finish today. Please check out mine if you get a chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren, welcome to my blog! Thanks for stopping by, I'm really glad you're enjoying the story so far. Yes, I love Jersey Shore. It's a raunchy show but oh so entertaining. lol That and Real World inspired me to do this story.

    Haha...yeah, I kind of see Brooke's resemblance to Sammi. Especially with their skin tone and long black hair. And Sammi is a diva! Although she toned it down a bit this season.

    Take your time, it's a lot of chapters to read through. lol I'll be sure to check yours out!

    ReplyDelete

So what did you think of this update? I'd love to hear your feedback, good or bad. I can handle it ;-) This will also help me get to know my readers, as well as decide who to dedicate the next episode to. You don't have to be a member, you can post anonymously or with Open I.D. And don't worry about writing too much, I love reading long comments XD